Sunday, July 3, 2011

End of Financial Year finally came

You may remember in a previous post I mentioned that work was crazy and I had so many deadlines for the end of Financial Year (or end of June). Well the end of FY, and my deadlines finally came - thank goodness, as my waistline was not going to handle the stress too much longer. As a result I finally had my annual leave day on the 1st July (the one I was supposed to have a couple of weeks ago but had to work) - YEAH. I had so much fun, I spent all day Friday playing, and boy was it fun.

I have wanted to try the Faux Mother of Pearl technique for a while now and finally had the chance.


To create the effect I stamped the hydrangea image from the Because I Care Hostess Stamp Set in Black Staz On and coloured the image with Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Wild Wasabi and Always Artichoke. Then using a sponge I applied some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in a 'bouncing' motion, followed by Frost White Shimmer Paint.

I layered my image on Not Quite Navy Cardstock and then on a base of Crumb Cake that I had covered in hydrangeas in Crumb Cake Ink.

I also did another version using Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant and layered on Elegant Eggplant cardstock.






It is a bit hard to photograph the effect (it looks better IRL), but with this photo I managed to capture some reflection of light on the image.







1 comment:

  1. Oh My!! This is gorgeous Ali. You certainly managed to take a great photo to show the Mother of Pearl effect. Have just got some shimmer paint - finally - will have to try this technique myself now ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.