At Convention this year we had a great demonstration by Vanessa Webb about using fabric on cards, so when I got home I just had to try it out, unfortunately I didn't have much fabric at home so had to make do with what I had.
This card uses a brand new die called Fun Flowers that will be available from 1st September in the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue 2011/2012.
I wanted to make the flower sit up a bit so I glued the fabric to some copy paper then ran it through the die. I used 2 sets of the flowers and secured it to the card with a vintage brad. The card was also spritzed with Early Espresso.
I used Always Artichoke for the base card with a Cajun Craze mat and Naturals Ivory. The card is not quite the normal C6 size as I wanted it to fit the size of the Framed Tulips embossing folder (I embossed the cardstock first then worked out the rest of the sizes).
I had to add a couple of layers to the inside - this is actually serving a purpose (and not just to look pretty). You see with the flower it makes the front of the card very heavy and without the layers on the inside it would just fall over!!!