Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Wallpaper Effect

I love the Wallpaper effect, and I wanted to try out inking up my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, I used my brayer to ink up one side of the embossing folder with Crumb Cake, put your paper in and run it through the Big Shot (love my Big Shot) and voila, a beautiful two tone wallpaper effect. I had this piece done and sitting on my desk for so long just waiting to be used. When I finally got my Welcome Christmas stamp set, I thought it would go perfectly together.


I added a cheats bow to the card by using a strip of ribbon and a separate bow made by tying linen thread and a button around some ribbon. I just added the image stamped in Crumb Cake onto Very Vanilla cardstock and sponged the edges.

On the inside I added a panel with the same image in the corner, sponged edges and a Christmas sentiment.


4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, Alison, I am so going to make this one! It is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! Have got to try this myself, it is just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ging to make this one too - it is simply beautiful! Love the soft colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - so soft and elegant. A really gorgeous Christmas card. Your 'wallpaper' panel looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.