Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mojo Lost, Mojo Found

Well first I lost my mojo, then over our long weekend last weekend, I caught a bad cold and have only just started to come good. But there are two good things about having this cold, one - I have a good excuse to stay indoors and play and two - I think I found my mojo. WOW I have so much to show you, so stay tuned over the next couple of weeks.

I really like how this first project came out, I wasn't too sure about the colours originally but once I had matted it on some Whisper White and a Crumb Cake card base it started to pop. I think I have a confession - I use that combination a lot on my cards, but I really like Crumb Cake as a card base and using a mat of Whisper White means that you can put any colour with it and it looks good, try it out sometime.


I started by punching out 6 flowers using the Fancy Flower Punch in Baja Breeze and sponged the edges in Craft White Ink. I then placed them on some Marina Mist, and added some Marina Mist Satin Ribbon. For the sentiment I stamped in Early Espresso the 'Just for You' from the Afterthoughts Stamp Set (Hostess Set), rounded the top corners and sponged it in Craft White Ink. It was looking a little plain so I added some small flowers in Baja Breeze also sponged in Craft White. On the inside I added a single Baja Breeze Flower.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Alison...love those colours together. Hope you are on the mend now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, this is gorgeous. I love how the larger flowers look like clouds. I hope you feel much better soon; I'm waiting with bated breath to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.