Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Treat Bag and Wallet

A good friend brought me a gift from the US, the Greeting Card Kids stamp set from Stampin' Up! It is such a cute set, I love it. I was then inspired by this creation by Angie Kennedy Juda and really wanted to case it.

Instead of a box I chose a bag, which was also one of Angie's creations (see instructions here, she does fantastic video tutorials). The paper I used is Elegant Soiree by Stampin' Up (I love this paper) and the covers for the bag is Crumb Cake (the 'old' Kraft), which I have sponged around the edges. I coloured the image directly with markers and added some dazzling diamonds on her coat (but it is a bit hard to see in the photo). The bag closes with a velcro dot.


My second project is a little treat wallet which was also a creation by Angie (see here). I used the same colour layout as the Treat Bag. Inside the wallet I used the top of the brown paper bag, so you could put a chocolate, gift card or money inside. Kinda cute for Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Oh Oh! I sooo want this set! I have been eyeing it off for a while, you have done a lovley job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this set Ali! The colours are gorgeous and really give a wintry feel to the beautiful image you have used. Great idea to use the offcut fromt he bag, I normally throw it away! Thanks for the tip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with these projects, Alison; the treat wallet is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute...cute...cute! Looking forward to seeing it IRL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.