Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome Christmas

I loved the Welcome Christmas stamp set when it came out in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue and at the moment it is even better with the current special where you can get it and the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper for $69.90 (wood block style) or $59.90 (clear block style) and get a free spool of ribbon. I was inspired by the fantastic Kimberley Van Diepen (see here creation in her post here).


This was actually a very simple card. I used Crumb Cake as the base card with Early Espresso and the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Paper. Add some Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon and stamp in Early Espresso and White Craft ink.

To do the centre image I created a mask for the tag (from the Lots of Tags Sizzlet set by Stampin' Up) so that I could stamp the image without getting it around the edge of the tag, then sponged the edges with Early Espresso.

On the inside I added the greeting and some more snowflakes using the small snowflake from the Snow Swirled stamp set.

Yeah, its the weekend so enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.