Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chick A Dees

Well I did say that I would show you what I came up with for those little Chick-A-Dees I created a few days ago and here they are. I liked how they turned out. As advised in my earlier post, the chicks were inspired by the talented Andrea Walford (see her card and post here).


Okay let me just say - I am in love with the new products from Stampin' Up! that will be launched on the 1st April in the new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue. Here is a sneak peak of the Fancy Favor Box which uses the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (I have been hanging out to get my hands on this machine).

You can only just see in these photos that the chicks have some Dazzling Diamonds along the edge of their egg - he he I think its kinda cute.



I have cut the Fancy Favor box out of the Kaleidoscope DSP (I think it has the perfect colours for Easter). I used the 1 3/4" punch and some acetate to create a window in the front.

Now if you cut out the Fancy Favor box don't throw out the left over paper after the box is cut, it gives a really cute edge that is just perfect to use on cards.




I didn't have any blue ribbon, so I took some white grosgrain ribbon and coloured it with my Baja Breeze stamp pad and my Tempting Turquoise marker.

Hope you like and I will be back soon with more sneak peeks.


7 comments:

  1. Oh these are absolutely positively ADORABLE!!!! Wonderful job Alison - I love these chickies to bits!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to start seeing your Big Shot creations appearing! These are just too cute! Love your idea to use up scrap dsp...then I will have a good excuse to order more! Glad you are enjoying your week off but I bet it's disappearing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just awesome Alison, your creations blow me away!

    I cant wait to go to convention, I was reading entires on the yahoo group this morning and got butterflies! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE them Alison! Great job. Your creations are always so inspiring. Thankyou so much for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are these!!! I love what you have done! I just need my order now!!!
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these. Love them. Great work. I love the birdie one with the favor box. Great work. You should enter this in Just add Ink their challenge this week is the easter theme. I think it has a great chance of winning just a thought. Love it.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  7. On which post do I leave a comment? You have been on a creative splurge since my last visit! Gorgeous projects & I love all that you have made with the new Autumn mini products.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.