Friday, January 14, 2011

A Vintage Set


I know it has been a LONG time.

I have had a bit of a break from blogging, but it doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Although I must say, at work we take OH&S pretty seriously, but I realised this Christmas break that I hadn't taken the time to ergonomically assess my craft desk, and after spending many a day on my holidays creating I ended up with severe elbow problems - I was sitting far too low. I have now taken the keyboard shelf from underneath my desk so I can sit higher and bought a new chair. I actually had to get a drafting chair as its the only type that I can get to go up high enough so that I am sitting properly, it also has a ring that you can put your feet on, which for someone of my limited height is extremely useful. The elbows are still a little sore but I think the new desk arrangement is starting to help.

Now unfortunately a lot of my creations I have been working on are for classes so I can't show you just yet. This set will be one of my February classes - it includes a treat bag, card and treat wallet.



I love the 'vintagey' look of this project, to achieve this I sponged all the edges in Soft Suede prior to putting them through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (available in the current mini catalogue from Stampin' Up!).

I have made a number of these treat bags - they use a small kraft gussetted lolly bag and are so easy to make. I cut off the top portion of the bag and used this to create the treat wallet.





















For the card I layered some of the beautiful lace ribbon to some Satin black ribbon and 'scrunched it' (it's a technical term - lol) along some sticky strip.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, so good to see you back and with such a beautiful project! I am definitely going to CASE this for my own class, if you don't mind!

    I hope your elbows get better soon! I have the same problem as you (bum's too low to the ground!)and have to sit on a cushion! Luckily for me that seems to work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Alison - these are gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see what else you've been up too! Glad you solved what's causing your elbow problems!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Alison. I wanted to say thank you very much for your Kris Kringle, I was very excited to receive it! K

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have no idea how much I am drooling at the moment!! I have this set on my wishlist for SAB and this project has helped its cause no end. Like Paula...I may have to CASE this. Good luck with the new craft space layout. I think I just need more space!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.