Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Chalkboard Birthday

Stampin Up have now released Chalkboard Paper which is very cool, where one side has a smooth surface (just like a blackboard) and the other side is like the standard cardstock.  I have used the Rose Coral ColorBox Chalk Ink (also now available from Stampin Up) to stamp the sentiment from the Birthday Surprise stamp set.  I wanted to give the balloons a more rustic look to go with the chalkboard, so I sponged the edges in Soft Suede and stamped the spots from the Celebrate Today stamp set in Versamark to give a subtle tone on tone look.



The colours used are Soft Suede, Whisper White, and Blushing Bride.  

If you wish to purchase any of the items used in the project just click on any of the links below to take you to my Stampin Up store.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back! Great card. Another class I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.