Thursday, February 12, 2015

Speckled Blendabilities

I saw a technique on Pinterest that I knew I wanted to try.  Asela Hopkins had created a beautiful effect using dots (check hers out here).  I don't think mine came out quite as effective as hers but it was still fun to create.


It is a bit hard to see but the card base has been stamped with the Dictionary Stamp in Soft Suede (I sponged the soft suede onto the stamp to get a mottled affect).  I also sponged the edges with Soft Suede and a Basic Black card base.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the From the Herd Stamp Set.


To create the effect above I used the Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities and dotted the colour all around the flower image starting with the lightest colour first.  As you can see below I tried the technique using Daffodil Delight as well.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.