Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Retro Christmas Tree Card

I think I was just in a bit of a funky, retro mood when I created this card. I had seen punched newspaper print used on some other cards to create a background and thought why not make a Christmas Tree.

I used Naturals Ivory Cardstock, the Newsprint DSP and the Ornament Punch - how simple is that. I sponged all the edges of the card and the ornaments in Soft Suede, then added a sparkly 'star' (which is from the Boho Blossom Punch) and Noel from the Many Merry Message Stamp Set.



On the inside I added another ornament and the Merry Christmas from the Contempo Christmas (love that stamp).

I took a whole stack of cards into work and this was the most popular one - go figure, I liked it too, but thought it may have been a bit to funky/retro for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.