Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday Card for a Boy

One of my best friends kids had birthdays so I needed a birthday card for a 6 year old boy. You know that stage where they are not really into cute anymore. The Lots of Bots stamp set is perfect for this age group.


I used the simple 'spotlight' technique (I think that is what it is called), by stamping 3 robots in black, then colouring another one with markers and a blender pen, punching out using a circle punch and adding it to the card with dimensionals.

On the inside a added a Tempting Turquoise border to some Whisper White cardstock and stamped the image again with the cute sentiment "Happy Birthday Human".

I also did a pillow box which will house a freddo frog (kids and chocolate).




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colours you've used, and the 'spotlighting' technique, Alison. Just yesterday I made a card and pillow box with an alarmingly similar layout - excellent taste you have!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done here Alison! A great little set, I will definately be casing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat do you mane KIDS and chocolate - just make sure that Freddo makes it into the box - LOL.
    Another fabulous gift set - perfect for a boy!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for my little Lochie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Forgot to say that he'd LOVE the chocolate in the pillow box too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Alison. I just got this set so will be using your card for some inspiration. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.